Ads Top

Why We Changed Our Mind On In Content Advertisements


So if you noticed we started placing advertisements in our post on our main site. And the idea of doing this was a very large toss up. I sat there and literally questioned how can I do this without ruining what I said, and keep them separate from the content. Well the only idea I could come up with is to place a border around it and place the padding a little wider to keep them away from the post content.

The reason I changed my mind. To be frank if I could solely live off of advertisements in the sidebar I would but the fact of the matter is that I was not generating enough revenue from the website to cover the costs and my time that I put into it. So what I am aiming to do is to starting increasing the revenue of not just that site but all three of mine by placing the advertisements in better locations. This is not an attempt to start being greedy, but to just generate enough to make it worth my time and I am making great strives to keep it from interfering with your reading but still grabbing your attention to generate clicks.

As it stood I placed advertisements only in the sidebars they were generating little to no clicks, the revenue was poor, and it was almost pointless of them being there. So we started placing some inside of the posts and in two days, generated more than we ever did without them they were getting clicked and viewed that is what we wanted and I did a real world test with the configuration.

In games such as Aion, and real life friends, I sat them down in a Skype call and did a screen share and showed them were they were going, asked their opinions and noted their responses. They helped me shape their locations, how many I placed, the borders, everything they were the real world test and example I used. It took several hours of switching colors, sizes, styles, and locations of the advertisements until they said that it was fine in that way. As I place them on my two blogger sites I am going to put them through that test again seeing if it get’s in their way, interrupts them, distracts them, and will change it accordingly.

This way, they will not distract you, it looks clean, and it still generates greater revenue which is a win all away around. It might take a while because they are indecisive at times and make me keep going back and forth between styles, but you should see them showing up here real soon.

Thank you for understanding this change and I will make sure that the changes are best for me as well as you the reader. If you have a suggestion or even want to be part of this test put it in the comments below and I will look into it!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.